Our New Board of Directors & Team
|Kaustubh Nadkarni - President|
Grace Kurian - Treasurer
Birgitta Rausch - Montoto
Frini Jacob - Technology Director
The India-US Chamber of Commerce (IUCC) of South Florida is a group of business professionals ranging from CEO’s to entrepreneurs that help in the economic development of the Indian-American community and the rest of the South Asian diaspora. The IUCC provides a support system of resources for local and international businesses for both India and the United States. With a large network of very successful professionals in South Florida, the IUCC provides a valuable forum for networking that aims to showcase the Indian-American business community. The IUCC celebrated fifteen (15) years as an organization after launching on May 13, 2004.
Our team compromises of a Board of Directors, Executive Committee Members and many Committees that support the day to day operations of IUCC. The team is from distinct professional backgrounds that cover different professions and industries which include, Finance, Law, Media, Education, International Affairs, Real Estate, Technology, Engineering, and Medicine.
WHO WE ARE
The Indian-US Chamber of Commerce of South Florida consists of Indian-American professionals from Miami to Fort Lauderdale and the Palm Beaches. Indian-Americans are the fastest growing professional group in the United States. The median household income for Indian immigrants is typically higher than that of the overall foreign and native-born population- making the Indian-Americans one of the richest and most successful ethnic groups in the United States.
According to the 2010 United States Census, the “Asian-Indian” population in the United States grew from almost 1,678,765 in 2000 (0.6% of U.S. population) to 2,843,391 in 2010 (0.9% of U.S. population), a growth rate of 69.37%. The population of Indian Americans in Florida rose from 70,740 counted in 2000 to 128,735 in 2010, an increase of 82%.
OUR MISSION STATEMENT
“Striving to promote the development and improvement of economic, commercial and financial relationships between India and the State of Florida”.
- Advocate for businesses in South Florida to prosper and grow
- Increase professional development opportunities within the South Florida Community via referrals, employment, education, etc.
- Function as a main local resource for business in the South Florida Community
- Contribute to the overall economic development of the South Florida Community
- Promote business in the South Florida community
- Organize business events, panels, and programs
- Consider public policy as well as industry and subject matter specific business initiatives designed to create engagement amongst members, non-members, and others
- Work hand-in-hand with other local business organizations and chambers of commerce as a unified business force to lift and improve South Florida’s economic and civic life
- Strive to make Indian American diversity and inclusion a priority for South Florida’s business community
- Serve as a catalyst for Indian-American professionals seeking employment in South Florida and employers seeking local talent to hire in South Florida.